We are a small, family-owned business that is growing and looking to expand our team. Applications (including cover letter and resume) for listed positions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Duds Screen Printing
Temporary Seasonal Prep Assistant
Full Time or Part Time
Applications due by March 22, 2018.
New Duds is looking for an extra hand around the shop. This entry level position would be ideal for a student or someone looking for work this summer and fall. Knowledge of screen printing is helpful but not necessary, as we are willing to train the right person for this position. We offer a flexible work environment.
The temporary seasonal position dates are May 1 through August 31 or September 30, with the option to extend into October. (End date negotiable depending on college schedule or other seasonal work employee may have.)
The duties of this position include:
- Working 3-5 days a week, Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
We have enough work for this to be a full time position for the duration, but can be flexible depending on the employee’s situation. Three days a week is the minimum.
- Cleaning and reclaiming large screens in the large wash out sink
- Stacking and folding shirts
- Mixing ink colors
- Cleaning up inks
- Participation in weekly shop clean up duties
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Attention to detail
- Getting dirty and lending a hand with the less glamorous aspects of studio upkeep and prep
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- A great sense of humor
- A willingness to learn their way around our shop and production procedures
- A love of repetition and repetitive tasks in general
- A pleasant attitude and personality that melds well with our small, close knit shop culture
- Great taste in music
- 30 minute paid lunch breaks
- Access to wholesale apparel accounts for personal clothing purchases
- Access to screen printing equipment for personal projects for qualified candidates